Area 51 and Other Strange Places
- My old Bluefire website: This was actively updated until about 1997, and I let it just sit there until 2007 when I shut it down. If a website hasn’t been updated in 10 years, is it useful? In any case I decided to resurrect it as a historic window into the mania surrounding our favorite secret base!
- The Hunt for 928: My misadventures searching for a Groom Lake based spy plane that crashed in 1967. Part of the Bluefire website.
- Nellis tracking facility near the ghost town of Reveille: A hike to part of the Nellis Range tracking system, in the middle of nowhere. Pretty much a normal thing.
- The Stealthy Road to Brainwash Butte: Updated with GPS coords to slip in and have a discrete peep at the Tonopah Test Range.
- Stalking Big Black Triangles in the Mojave Desert: A 1996 trip to the top of Quail Mountain, at the southerly edge of Death Valley, looking for exotic aircraft. But wait, there’s an interesting recent update.
- First “officially” recorded ascent of Tikaboo Peak: Glenn Campbell, Jeri and I had nothing better to do. We hiked to the top of a peak and saw a secret base.
- The Great Nevada Meteor of 1894: Yes, it has sorta an Area 51 connection. But mostly it’s to talk you into a hunt I gave up on!
- The Stealth Quilts: Yet another reach for an Area 51 connection, but they were certainly inspired by the place and are so friggin’ cool. And you’ve never seen one before. They’re stealth, ya know?
- Just because you’re Paranoid doesn’t mean…..Well, you know the rest: The tale of an interesting conversation my PC was apparently having with the Feds back in the days I was being a nuisance around Area 51.