Note: If you’ve linked directly into this page you should be aware this is all very old stuff! Like ancient! For a description of what this is and how old it it is, see this intro.
Welcome to the Bluefire web page, brought to you by moi, Tom Mahood, and my formerly copious spare time.
So why the Hell do you call it Bluefire?
The original purpose of this site, was to provide some solid information and fact to others interested in Area 51 and associated legends. That now seems like quite a long time ago in a universe far away. At this point, the site has gone dormant, with no updates expected….well, maybe. I do have some untold stories, however I’ve satisfied myself about what’s going on out there, and moved on to other more interesting endeavors. But there still are people new to the fun world of Area 51, and it’s to these newcomers I leave this site and all the information it holds. May you have even a small fraction of the fun I did!
Here you will find an array of information ranging from quality, attributed stuff, all the way to wild-ass rumors, clearly identified as such. Should you believe any of this stuff? I really don’t care. I have no agenda to convince anyone of anything. What is, is. Think for yourselves, for cryin’ out loud, and be skeptical of anyone offering you “the truth” (me included). Go out in the desert and get dirty!
Finally, I have a strong dislike of web sites that offer loads of graphics but little substance. Great graphics are easy nowadays, (far easier than substance!) but they suck transfer time. I’ve restrained myself and kept the photos and other large items as separate selectable items. The majority of what’s here is text, so it will hopefully be of use to even the bandwidth-deprived. It ain’t pretty, but it works.
- Some final thoughts from Bluefire (Or why this site doesn’t seem to get updated anymore)
Why this web site is here:
- Particle Beams and Saucer Dreams: How to convince your friends and neighbors you have saucers flitting about over your desert backyard. A guide for the serious do-it-yourselfer!
- Nellis Complex Facilities: Info on some of the more obscure (and not so obscure) areas in and around Dreamland/Area 51.
- The Bob Lazar Corner: Various odds and ends about the great Bob. More than you really want to know….
- The Papoose Lake Primer: Everything you ever wanted to know about Papoose Lake, but had the good sense not to ask, because other people would think you were nuts!
- Radar Ranges of the Mojave: Underground bases or something neat but mundane? You decide. (Yeah, I know it doesn’t have anything to do with Area 51, but I had to park it somewhere.)
- The Hunt for 928: The misguided search for a spyplane that crashed returning to Groom in 1967. I really should know better.