This section functions as a catch all for crazy or interesting things I’ve done that don’t fall neatly into other categories. You know, miscellaneous.
- Florence, Italy, 2014: The sort of semi-normal things I do when not doing really dodgy crap to fill this web site.
- Mountain Biking on Santa Catalina Island. A whole new round of stupid, this time on two wheels.
- The Avalon Circle of Death Ride, 4/29/2014, What, you think the title is overly dramatic? Well you weren’t there.
- Two Harbors to Parsons Landing Ride, 5/21/2014, Hmmmm, How does one undo a Circle of Death Ride?
- The Airport In The Sky to Avalon Ride, 9/25/2014, Sometimes it’s so easy, it’s hard. But not this time.
- Two Harbors, Catalina, 11/10 – 11/12/ 2014 – It always seems like a good idea at the time (but often isn’t).
- A hike to the Ruby Lee Mine in Joshua Tree National Park, 3/6/2014. “The more obscure the better!”, says I. “Stupid!!”, says everyone else. So this would be ultra-stupid?
- Allison Mine hike, circa 1973: What, you think that date’s a typo? Hell no….I’m old! But why would something from 1973 (Nixon’s the one!) be worth writing up? Read it and see.
- Stubbe Spring Loop hike, Joshua Tree NP, 3/13/2013: Another pointless Patrick idea. See a pattern here? But will I learn? Unlikely.
- Cary’s Castle in JTNP, 11/13/2012: Weird and well off the beaten path. I’m fairly certain this hike was Patrick’s idea, but concede that my involvement just made it worse.
- Trinity Site – Socorro UFO Landing Site trip, 4/7/2012: Weird crap in New Mexico. Would you expect anything less?
- JTNP Cessna crash site, 7/15/2011: A visit to the site of a Cessna crash in Joshua Tree National Park.
- Jinks Mine hike, 2/13/2011: Patrick had the stupid idea of visiting one of the more remote and obscure mines in Joshua Tree National Park. So this isn’t my fault, but I am an enabler.
- Orange County Grand Jury service: I served on the OC Grand Jury for one year from July 2010 through June 2011. It certainly counts as an adventure and I wanted to describe what’s involved in Grand Jury service, the pitfalls and high points.